Five Reasons Taking Homebuyer Education Is A No-Brainer
What Is Homebuyer Ed?
NeighborWorks America, of which NWWVT is a chartered member, is a national nonprofit that focuses on homeownership. They recently did a study that showed that about 75 percent of Americans think the homebuying process is complicated. The truth of the matter is that it IS complicated, but a homebuyer education class is here to help.
At your comprehensive homebuyer education class, you will learn information about the homebuying and mortgage process, budgeting, credit scores, home inspections, insurance, how to work with a real estate agent, and life after closing. For a deeper-dive into what our Homebuyer Education class involves, read our blog post on “Six Things Homebuyer Education Will Teach You.”
The class also connects you with people that are going through the same things. This connection and the course work is here to give you an idea of what to expect from your homebuying process. You will hear from guest speakers like local real estate agents, banks, a home inspector and an insurance agency to give you a broader perspective of what is involved in being a successful home owner.
Why Take HBE:
The course is valuable for anyone that takes it, even if this is not your first home purchase. Keep in mind, some lenders require the class and some lenders or down payment assistance programs offer you additional perks if you have taken the class.
If we haven’t convinced you it is a good idea to take a homebuyer class already, here are six top reasons why you should:
- It will help you find out how much you can afford
- It will help ease the anxieties and stress of buying a home (especially for first-time homebuyers)
- There are in-class and online options so you WILL be able to fit the class into your schedule and the fees are minimal and well worth the small price
- Individual financial counseling is included which can help you prioritize your finances and raise your credit score
- You may become eligible for special perks like closing cost assistance, grants, and more
For more information about our Homebuyer Education class, visit our website at www.nwwvt.org or call 802-438-2303